Tuesday, February 8, 2011

South Africa



Sorry I have not been blogging for a while. This is because my mother-in-law was in hospital over Christmas and we had to cancel the trip to see the grandchildren in UK. Immediately after we went for a holiday to South Africa for nearly a month.
We went along the Garden Route from Cape Town to Knysna with stops on the way in a lovely thatched farmhouse and also a Game Reserve. The majority of the time was spent in Knysna staying with friends in their home on the lagoon. Wonderful!!
I cannot tell you how safe we felt there and how cheap restaurants are. Compared to the South of France I calculate that eating out is one third of the price of here!!
I cannot recommend the garden route more highly! Pitty it is such a long way away!!!!
Mr. L. 8/2/2011

No comments: