Tuesday, March 15, 2011

La Reserve, St Maxime

La Reserve is a restaurant, long established, on the promenade of St Maxime. We have been told about it often but have never visited. We finally went last Saturday night and hade a thoroughly good meal. We started with Foies Gras that we shared, though I must admit my wife took very little and me a lot. Served with fig and aspic it was delicious with the warm toast. My friend David and I both had the fondue of steak which comes with a pot of boiling oil on a burner so that one can dip the dices of steak in and cook to the way one prefers, Delicious! This came with vegetables and chips!

Cannot quite remember what the ladies had as I was far to engrossed in the novelty of cooking my own steak!!! I know they loved their meal so it must have been good.

The atmosphere was very Brasserie and was full despite horrid weather. This must say something as the other restaurants around were far from full.

Mr L 15/3/2011

No comments: