Tuesday, September 13, 2011

THE GIANT PLATE FULL


As part of the wedding weekend we joined with the grooms family for a meal one evening at El Mandelino on the port in Cavalier. This gave us a chance to get to know better the new side of the family!

Having eaten solidly for days I decided against my usual steak and went for fried seafood, thinking that this would be a nice light meal. What a surprise I got!

I was presented with a bowl, which looked more like a hand washing bowl from the toilet, it was at least 18" accross, full of squid, prawns and octopus!

Whoever thought that this was a meal for one must be very hungry!

In the end I was totally defeated and shared it with anybody on the table who wanted to try some. After that it was still half full!

At €25 this was indeed value but should have been described as " for two or more"!!


Mr.L. 12/09/2011

No comments: