Monday, June 14, 2010

La Bastide des Cabris



There are so many restaurants close to our home, but sometimes you pass one every day and never go to it! Just down the road from our house is the Bastide des Cabris which we visited years ago and then forgot about despite having to pass it to go anywhere!
The other night we decided to visit it with friends and were pleasantly surprised by both the lovely garden it is situated in and by the food!
The service and prices are very St Tropez with most of the entrees at around €20 and the mains at €35, not cheap if you add wine ( local €42!) and desert and coffee. However I was not going to argue with the very robust lady, pictured above!
The tomato and cheese starter I had was amazing with three colours of tomato and the goats cheese whipped into an amazing mousse. My main course was riz de veau, which I adore, and it was some of the best I have ever had.
The deserts were delicious and one could have seconds!!
A great evening if expensive! ( did I tell you our friends were paying!)
Mr.L. 14/06/2010

No comments: