Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Ice Age




Snow is something we are not used to, where we live in Grimaud!!!

Last night after a heavy downpour of rain it turned to heavy snow. This has happened several times since I moved here 10 years ago, however it has never stayed on the ground more than half an hour, because it melts.

Today is different. The temperature this morning was -3c and the snow stuck, though as I write this it is beginning to melt.

The forecast for the next few nights is -6c!!! I think I had better get the fire prepared and the central heating turned up.

Mind you we do enjoy the snow for a short time but not if it effects my golf!!!

Next week we are off to Auron, a small ski village above Nice for a couple of nights so that we can get some apres ski and let our dog play in the deep snow!

Looks like a cold February!!

Mr.L. 01/02/2012

No comments: