Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Toy

It has been some time since I put anything on my Blog but I am about to catch up!

The Spring has been unusually busy with visitors, mainly my daughter. My wife, Gaynor, has been away with her mum to Portugal to see an elderly cousin and I have been busy playing golf.

Last week I flew back to UK for business and to bring back a new, to me, car that I bought to play with.

I had the car, a Mercedes SL500 LHD delivered to my daughter's in Hertfordshire and drove back to the South of France with my fingers crossed as the car was imported from Japan, I had never seen it properly and I was about to drive this 15 year old car down the Autoroute for 1000 miles!

Before I left the garage got me an MOT and after changed the headlights to LHD, however they obviously did not fit the indicator lights in properly, as by the time I arrived in Troyes I had lost one from the front and the next day the other one fell off!! Not a good start.

On the way to Troyes I met, by chance, our very good friend David and Ann who were also stopping over in Troyes. This town centre is very picturesque with building that looked like Tudor buildings but where brown and cream. We ate out in a typical French Brasserie where they are more professional than friendly and enjoyed Rognon ( kidneys) de veau in a mushroom sauce. Delicious cooked rose as requested.

En route I discovered several small electrical problems which will be dealt with when I go on holiday next week on a boat up the Canal du Midi.

Today the indicator replacements arrive so I can drive it on the road and take the hard top off and change to convertible to feel the sun and fresh air!!

Mr.L.  03/05/2012

2 comments:

Paul said...

Good to see your back posting, looking forward to the fine weather!

Laurence said...

Thanks so much Paul. Have been pre-occupied. Thanks for following my Blog