Friday, March 12, 2010

Winters in St Maxime Area



Mild winters in the Gulf of St Tropez were one of the reasons I initially came to live in the area. Year after year we were able to enjoy a mild winter and tell our friends and family in the UK about lunching on the beach in January. How things have changed over the last two winters!!
For two years now we have experienced very cold and wet winters with gales. This is not to say that it has been like that all the time but we have seen cars and caravans floating away as the area around rivers have been deluged and sites near the coast damaged by very high winds and waves.
Even now, at the beginning of March, the regions around us have snow and last week I even noticed a thin layer of ice on my pool, something I have not seen during my 6 years here. Is this Global Warming ( or freezing??). Let’s hope that the weather now improves and we can get back to business as usual!

Mr. L. 11/03/10

No comments: