Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Mahi Mahi beach restaurant - La Nartelle, Sainte Maxime




This beach restaurant on La Nartelle beach just east of St Maxime was new to me and the occasion of the visit was a friend’s Birthday. We went with no expectation of good food but just of good company.
The weather was beautiful and as we entered we were welcomed by the proprietor who is a genial lady who made us immediately welcome and who immediately arrived with a bowl of water, for our dog Micha. This is service over and above the usual and was much appreciated (by us as well as the dog!). As you can see from the pictures the restaurant is well appointed with a lovely sea view.
Our meal started with a flat puff pastry with cheese and tomato on top and it was delicious. This was followed by garlic prawns in a hard pastry basket. For the main course we had salmon with a cream sauce over it and accompanied by potatoes and ratatouille. The dessert was chocolate cake sitting on a custard sauce and it was all topped off with ample coffee. You will notice that I rarely mention the wine. The reason is simple; I don’t drink it as it immediately makes me drowsy so I leave that to my wife who is the connoisseur in our family.
I can truly recommend this restaurant. As you can see we had a fixed meal because there was a large party of us but I perused the menu and if the quality is anything like what we were served, and I am sure it is, one is in for a very good meal.
Mr. L
Tel: 04 94 96 25 57 Webpage: Mahi Mahi

No comments: